How to get rid of cystic acne? What is the treatment for cystic acne? Check out these DIY home remedies for cystic acne treatment to learn how to cure them.
Have you come across a cluster of reddish, inflamed pimples on your face or body? Do they feel worse than an ordinary pimple? This acute condition of acne is called as cystic acne. So, how is cystic acne painful? What is the best anti-cyst treatment? How to get rid of cystic acne? Unlike other acne bouts, cystic acne is a serious condition characterized by deep breakouts. They hurt under the surface of the skin. With the help of uncomplicated and easy DIY home remedies for cystic acne, you can bid goodbye to them forever by knowing how to treat cystic acne at home. Read further to know the best DIY home remedies for cystic acne treatment.
What is cystic acne?
The worst kind of acne that usually forms the upper part of your trunks and under arms, apart from appearing in clusters on the face. As teenagers, due to hormonal fluctuations, it is normal to have a pod or two but if you suffer from massive and painful breakouts, you have developed cystic acne. You need to follow the right steps to getting rid of a cystic pimple. Don’t wait for them to dry out. Remember that they can be treated. If not treated at the earliest, it could leave behind the scars.
What causes cystic acne?
The sebaceous oil glands in the pores of our skin secrete sebum to keep it moist. At times, due to excess production of sebum, it clogs the pores with the epidermal cells shed by the skin. The clogged pores give rise to acne that may result in infected cysts and lesions known as cystic acne. When you roughly scrub or squeeze the spots, it damages and ruptures the hair follicles. A few DIY home remedies for cystic acne treatment can help relieve and heal the condition that is caused due to hormonal changes, greasy cosmetics, excessive humidity, and individual drugs. So, how to get rid of cystic acne? Though there are medications that your doctor may have recommended to you, there are also a few home remedies for cystic acne which you must follow.
What are the best DIY home remedies for cystic acne treatment?
The anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties, which balances pH levels, heals cystic acne, and absorbs excess oil from the skin pores, making it healthy. It fights off bacteria and provides adequate relief from an infection. The ingredients in baking soda exfoliate the skin to help you get rid of dead skin cells, which works as the best anti-cyst treatment. It makes the skin pores tight and firm, helping your skin feel rejuvenated, less pigmented, and fresh.
- Add 2 spoons of baking soda to water.
- People with sensitive skin can add a dash of cucumber juice to it for a soothing sensation.
- Apply the mixture evenly over the face
- Allow it to dry for around 10 minutes
- Rinse it off with water
- Follow this procedure twice a day
One of the best DIY home remedies for cystic acne treatment is using egg whites. Apart from usage for weight management, eggs are a high source of protein and contains albumin that has an anti-viral effect. Lysozyme, an enzyme present in egg white destroys the cell walls of bacteria and cleanses the skin by lifting the debris and dirt that soak up excess oil. It also acts as a mild astringent, which helps tone the skin.
- Wash your face with a mild cleanser
- Crack an egg and carefully separate the white from the yolk. Even though the yolk contains proteins, it is not meant for ace-prone skin.
- Whisk it and dip a cotton ball into the egg white mixture.
- Apply it on the infected area of your skin and place a thin layer of tissue over it
- Let it stay on for half an hour
- Gently peel off the tissue while it peels off the egg mask as well
- Wash with water
- Repeat the method twice or thrice daily
As a part of your acne skin care advice, it is said to coconut oil. Now, you may argue why one use coconut oil as a home remedy for cystic acne should when there are already excessive oil deposits in the skin. But, it has been scientifically proven that coconut oil contains lauric and caprylic acid, which is strongly antibacterial, anti-fungal, and antimicrobial to fight off pimples. The presence of healthy fats lubricates the skin while the Vitamin E in coconut oil not only fights off free radicals but also heals acne scars. Also, please note that we used Organic Extra Virgin Coconut oil for this remedy. I will also leave links to all the standard products that have been used in this guide so that you guys can buy them as per your need.
- Clean the face gently with warm water. Wipe dry.
- Take a few drops of coconut oil and apply it to the affected area of your face
- Massage your skin in circular motion
- Wash your face with a mild soap and water
Apple cider vinegar
Among the various types of pimples, cystic acne is the worst condition, which takes time to heal. Apple cider vinegar is an astringent that is anti-inflammatory in nature. It’s versatile and detoxify the body from free radicals that can also cause skin cancer. The malic acid present in it exfoliates skin and dries out excess oil. How to treat cystic acne at home? Follow these simple steps below. We found that this Bragg Organic Apple Cider Vinegar does wonders for cystic acne.
- Mix two parts of water with one part of Apple cider vinegar
- With a cotton ball, apply it to the skin filled with the infection
- Keep it for 15 minutes
- Wash it off
- Repeat once daily
How to treat acne if it is large and reddish? Cystic acne can be cured with the help of the age-old, herbal remedy, as we all know as green tea. Loaded with natural antioxidants and catechins, that soothes acne ridden irritated and swollen skin. The microbes in green tea battle with the bacteria in acne. It can be consumed for good health and also used as a topical anti-cystic treatment. You can use normal household green tea or the special Matcha Antioxidant organic green tea which is 2 times more efficient because it releases extra dosage of antioxidants.
- Make a toner by mixing freshly brewed tea with a 1/4th cup of water.
- Apply it to the acne-ridden skin with a cotton ball
- Store the remaining toner in your refrigerator and use it for one week
The soothing and anti-inflammatory properties of aloe vera not only makes it a versatile medication but a natural remedy for cystic acne. Among the different DIY home remedies for cystic acne treatment, using aloe vera always gives the best results. But, you need to assure that you follow these steps to getting rid of a cystic pimple. Try this remedy to gift yourself beautiful skin
- Scoop some gel from a fresh aloe vera leaf
- Apply it to the affected area and massage it for a couple of minutes
- Leave it for around 10 minutes
- Rinse it off
- Follow these steps every day for faster results
We are aware that turmeric is used to treat multiple skin problems. Its anti-inflammatory, anti-septic, anti-tumor properties cure boils and painful cysts by first dehydrating the pus and reducing inflammation. Turmeric is known to eliminate pain and can be consumed internally as well as applied to the skin as a topical treatment for cystic acne condition.
- Make a paste of turmeric and water
- Apply it to the cysts
- Leave it for 20 minutes or let it stay overnight
- Rinse it off with warm water
Cystic acne treatment can be dealt with the potent healing properties of neem. Margosa leaves or Indian leaves work from inside by purifying the blood system and increase immunity. It reduces excess inflammation and can be used topically applied to diminish acne breakout. This is one of the best DIY home remedies for cystic acne treatment that works wonders on the skin.
- Make a paste of neem leaves by crushing them with water
- Apply it to the skin
- Put a few drops of neem oil on a cotton ball and apply it
- Leave it overnight and then rinse off next morning
Salt on open wounds stings but it heals it quickly. The same goes with pimples. Can salt treat pimples? Yes it can!
- Sprinkle sea salt in your hot water bath tub
- Let it dissolve
- Lay down in the water
- Ensure that it does not enter your eyes
- Stay for 15 minutes and then come out of the tub
Be it soothing or moisturizing the skin, honey is one such ingredient that is widely recommended by skin care specialists around the world. It absorbs oil from the skin pores and helps you with how to get rid of cystic acne. It is also safe for pregnant women. We recommend using unfiltered raw honey because it is highly efficient. In our tests, we found that Y.S Eco Beefarms Honey is cheaper yet very efficient in getting rid of cystic acne.
- Take a little honey and dab it on the pimple before you go to bed
- After 20 minutes, rinse it off with plain water
The biggest rule of treating cystic acne is steaming. It opens the pores to drain off the fluid from the cystic acne. Make sure you remove all makeup or any other material applied to your face before steaming. If you fail to do that, steaming could work in the reverse direction by absorbing the unwanted chemical layers on the surface into the pores of the skin. Amidst the various treatment procedures and DIY home remedies for cystic acne treatment, this is the easiest.
- The first and foremost crucial step is to keep your face clean from all debris
- Place the bowl of hot water on a flat surface
- Take a towel over your head and keep it in such a way that the steam does not escape
- Lean forward so that the steam comes on your face
- Avoid going extremely close to the bowl or else it could burn the skin
- Take the steam for around 5 minutes
- Pat dry
- Repeat this every alternate day
Using clay for treating pimples is one of the best DIY home remedies for cystic acne treatment. It draws and drains out the toxic impurities to your skin’s surface. The process diminishes your chances of getting acne scars. Natural clay comprises of certain minerals that affect your skin in different ways. It increases blood circulation and exfoliation properties that erode the hardened, dead cells. For best results, we recommend readers to use this Natural Indian Healing Clay as there has been a greater success rate in healing cystic acne effectively with this.
- Add water or milk to the clay to make it into a paste
- Gently apply it to your face
- Leave it dry for 20 minutes
- Gently wipe the mask with a wet cloth
- Repeat this twice a week
Remember that the treatment varies from one person to another. The symptoms of cystic acne should not be ignored. If the condition is grave, immediate medical attention must be given. For cystic acne treatment at home, you can follow these methods mentioned above. Make sure to practice these DIY home remedies for cystic acne treatment on a regular basis. And you will undoubtedly witness a drastic improvement in your condition.
Now as promised, I am sharing links to the natural products that have been used and tested in this cystic acne treatment guide. Feel free to view them and share your thoughts if you find better ones as an alternative:
- Finest Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- Y.S. Eco Bee Farms Raw Honey
- Bragg Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
- Matcha Green Tea Powder
- Secret Indian Healing Clay
Please note that you can also use any other alternative product of your choice. But for effective treatment, we have mentioned the above products which have been self-tested by us in treating cystic acne without any side effects. Also, these products are best sellers in their categories so rest assured with the choice 🙂
Are you facing this situation or someone dear to you is suffering from cystic acne? Do share this article with them. Let us know in the comment section if this article was of any help to you. Also, if you have any other methods apart from these mentioned above, and it has helped you deal with cystic acne, feel free to tell us about it. Till then, eat a balanced diet, sleep well, and have a happy skincare routine.
You can also watch this comprehensive video that teaches and gives you a better understanding of cystic acne and the home remedies to get rid of it!
The Urban Lady!