How to get rid of a black neck? How to remove dark spots on the neck? It’s super-simple. Read ahead to know how getting fairer skin on the neck is a piece of cake.
How many times have you wondered how to get rid of a black neck because the complexion on your neck doesn’t match the one on your face? Maybe you’re someone who pays too much attention to the face area and completely ignores the neck portion. Don’t forget that there are people whose eyes stray around your neck and head too while looking at your face.
It can be seriously embarrassing especially when you have a fair complexion. So what exactly are these dark patches, why do they occur and how can they be treated right at home? Let’s find out.
Why is my neck black and dark?
Why my neck is black? Why are there black spots on neck? How to get rid of black neck? You may be surely asking yourself these questions.
Well, first let’s get to the root cause of the problem.
This kind of pigmentation is scientifically known as acanthosis nigricans which neither is an injection nor is it contagious. There are several causes why people suffer from black neck. Diarrhea, polycystic ovary syndrome, diabetes, too much exposure to sun, pollution, genetics, sudden weight loss and weight gain. If you see signs of discoloration or pigmentation around the neck, then don’t hesitate to visit your dermatologist.
Poor personal hygiene, excessive hair growth, hormonal changes are also said to be major causes of dark spots on the neck. Before we jump into how to get rid of black neck using home remedies let’s take a look at some of the preventive measures to avoid it from happening.
Daily regimen to prevent dark neck
Think you know how to clean your neck? You probably may not be cleaning it right.
Here’s what you need to do:
Wash to kick off the dirt and grime
Just using soap and water isn’t enough to know how to get rid of a black neck. Really. Use a good moisturizing face wash and a soft cloth while washing and scrubbing the dirt off.
Exfoliate to bid goodbye to dead skin cells
The dead cells of the skin can make your face appear dull and lifeless. You need to exfoliate those using scrubs that are combined with salicylic acid or glycolic acid. Be gentle enough to avoid skin irritation and scraping of the neck area.
Moisturize to pamper your skin
After all that scrubbing, your skin deserves gentle touch and love. So, don’t forget to moisturize after bathing to keep it glowing and moist.
How to get rid of a black neck – home remedies
Almonds to get rid of black spots on neck
Almonds are supremely rich in vitamins meant for enhancing skin health. They help rejuvenate your skin to keep it soft and supple. You can use it to treat dark and blacks spots on the neck.
This is the first recipe in which almonds can be used to help you with how to get rid of a black neck
- Crush 4-5 almonds to powdered form
- Add 1 teaspoon of milk powder and 1 teaspoon of honey
- Mix them up well and apply all around neck
- Leave it on for half an hour and then wash it away
Another recipe that you can use with almonds is
Heat 2 – 3 teaspoons of almond oil and massage it around your neck. It not only improves blood circulation in the neck area but also aids your skin in glowing better.
2. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera helps to remove dark patches on neck
The #1 ingredient used and recommended by all beauty and health freaks is aloe vera. This magical ingredient just won’t stop to surprise us. Its natural skin lightening agent can help to lighten skin. It’s packed with antioxidants that help in regeneration of broken and dead skin cells.
Preparing the recipe is easy-peasy –
- Extract pure Aloe Vera gel from the leaf
- Apply it to your neck and let it stay for around 15 minutes
- Wash it with water
- Repeat it daily for quick results
If you don’t have aloe vera leaves, you can directly order pure and natural Aloe Vera gel online. Don’t miss using this one if you really want to see how to get rid of a black neck.
Potato helps get rid of dark skin around neck
True that it’s a delicious kitchen ingredient used in food but in this case you would rejoice on knowing how to get rid of a black neck using potato. It contains an enzyme catecholase that is known for its bleaching properties. You can easily lighten dark skin, blemishes, dark spots, scars, etc. using potato.
- Slice one potato or grate it and then extract the juice.
- Apply it to your neck. Leave it on for 10 minutes and then wash it off
- For better results mix lemon juice along with it and enjoy visible results
Oats to battle dark spots on neck
Oats is an all-time classic and natural scrub to get rid of patchy, rough and dark skin. Watch how to get rid of a black neck simply using oats. It not only helps reduce dark complexion on the neck but also provides a smooth buttery finish to your skin.
This is what you need to do –
- Take 2 teaspoons of oats. Grind it with a little tomato puree.
- Apply it all around the neck in circular motion.
- Let the coarseness of the oats eradicate the dark cells of the skin to reveal the fresh and new skin cells.
- Once you are done scrubbing, then you can wash with cold water to let the skin take its bleaching properties into action.
Note: you can also combine oats with several other ingredients. You can replace tomato puree with honey, powdered milk or even yogurt if you want to see how to get rid of black neck.
How to get rid of a black neck with cucumber
The cooling properties in cucumbers bring relief to the cells of your skin as they help to ease and repair damaged cells while eliminating dark and dead ones. Your neck will feel a fresh glow like never before.
It’s really simple and effective –
- Grind cucumber juice or grate one whole cucumber
- Apply it all over your neck and rub in circular motion
- Leave it on for around 15 – 20 minutes
- Then rinse it off with cool water
You can also mix lemon juice with cucumber juice to your neck and let it sit for a few minutes to experience a fresh glow on your neck.
How to get rid of a black neck using walnuts
You may not have thought about this one. Yup! Walnuts!!
A powerful source of vitamins, raw and natural organic walnuts help you to nourish your skin. They help you to keep your skin hydrated which is vital for keeping it healthy.
What should you do?
- Grind 7-8 walnuts coarsely. Do not make them into a complete powder as they have to be used as a scrub.
- Mix it with 2 teaspoons of yogurt and apply it all around your neck. Leave it to dry for 15 minutes and then wash it off.
- It helps rejuvenate the skin and kills the dark appearance on the neck.
#Tip: you can also replace yogurt with milk and follow the rest of the recipe as mentioned above. Milk acts as a cleansing agent here assisting you in getting the much-needed glow on your face.
7. Baking Soda (Sodium Bicarbonate)
Baking soda to kill the dark skin around your neck
How can we miss this natural skin exfoliate? It cleanses the skin of your neck while naturally removing dark spots on neck. Combine baking soda and water as it is quite effective in removing hyper pigmentation that is created around the neck.
Let’s get started –
- Take three parts of baking soda and mix one part of water into it
- Apply the thick paste around your neck
- Wash it off after some time
- Repeat this twice a week and you’re good to go
8. Chickpea Flour
How to get rid of a black neck with Chickpea flour
This excellent scrubber is a sure-shot winner when it comes to lightening dark spots or dark patches on neck. Try using it with turmeric as the anti-fungal and anti-septic properties present in turmeric assist in also treating skin worries.
Go ahead with this one –
- Take around two teaspoons of chickpea flour and add a small pinch of turmeric to it
- Mix with water and apply a thick paste to your neck
- Let it dry for 20 – 30 minutes
- Wash it off with cool water
Repeat this every single day till you see desirable results
9. Orange peel
How to get rid of a black neck using orange peel
Give your skin on the neck some cooling and refreshing spa-like treatment with orange peels. They help in lightening the skin tone by acting as a bleaching agent.
Here we go –
- Dry some orange peels out in the sun
- Once dried, grind it into a powder
- Add some whole milk to form a thick paste
- Apply it around the neck and then let it dry for 10 minutes
- Wash it off with cold water
With all these beautiful tricks in place, you no longer have to hide your neckline with polo-necks. Flaunt your gorgeous skin on the neck with confidence by making use of these above tips.
Get fair and glowing skin now that you know how to get rid of a black neck.
So, when they look at you, you have nothing to hide. Only loads of confidence to flaunt!
Enjoyed reading this post on how to get rid of a black neck? Then show some love by liking and sharing it with your girlfriends. Let us know what you think about this post by writing in the comment section below.
Thank you for your time sweethearts! See you soon with another beauty hack post on The Urban Lady! XOXO!